Diagnostic cost: $29+ (waived with repair)
What affects cost?
Water heater repairs vary in pricing, depending on:
- The type of repair needed. More complex parts, like the burner assembly, cost more to repair and/or replace.
- Whether your warranty is valid. If your water heater manufacturer's warranty is still valid, it might cover the cost of any replacement parts needed.
- Whether you've kept your unit maintained. Water heaters need regular maintenance (called a "flush"). If a unit's been neglected over the years, it will likely need more complex repairs more frequently.
- The company you you hire. You’ll pay more for skilled, experienced plumbers who know how to properly repair your water heater.
Your water heater works hard year-round, which means it drops in efficiency every year. And at some point, it's going to be more cost-effective to replace the system than to repair it.
You should consider replacing your water heater if your...
- Water heater is 10+ years old.
- Utility bills are higher than they used to be
- Water heater needs to be repaired often.
- Tank has visible corrosion and/or cracks
- Water heater no longer provides enough hot water
A water heater repair can be tough to fit into your schedule. That's why we offer short appointment slots—so you don't wait all day for us to arrive.
Get red-carpet service
We'll show up on time and lay down our famous red doormats. After our diagnosis, we'll explain what's wrong and provide repair options, along with upfront pricing for each (so there are no surprises).
Relax while we repair
If you choose us to handle your water heater repair, we'll waive your diagnostic fee & restore your hot water—that same day.
Enjoy hot water & a clean home
We'll leave your home cleaner than we found it and promise never to make you pick up after us.
“...will definitely recommend them in the future.“—Carol P.
I have enjoyed the services of Jon Wayne for a few years, and have never had a problem with them. They know what they're doing and they do it with total professionalism. I give them 5 stars for service, professionalism and will definitely recommend them in the future.
How we treat the customer contributes to our reputation.
See why we're rated 4.8 out of 5 stars on Google with 7,600+ reviews
Proudly serving the San Antonio & surrounding areas:
- New Braunfels
- South Austin
- Bee Cave
- San Marcos
- Canyon Lake
- and more...
- See all cities we serve