Your home's electrical system affects your home's comfort and safety. And you don't want just anybody handling a rewiring project. When you work with Jon Wayne, you can trust our licensed, insured and experienced electricians to get the job done right. We work to make sure your rewiring project is seamless, from the original estimate to final walkthrough.
When you work with Jon Wayne, you'll get:
- Affordable Payment Plans
- Upfront, flat-rate estimates
- Upfront, flat-rate pricing
Starting at $99/mo
What affects the price of whole-home rewiring?
The cost of a whole-home rewiring project primarily depends on four factors:
- The size of your home. Bigger homes tend to have more old wiring that needs to be replaced, which increases the cost of your whole-home rewiring. The overall cost goes up because big rewiring projects require more time, labor and materials.
- The type of original wiring your home has. If your home was originally wired with an outdated method, your rewiring costs will probably increase. For example, if your home was wired with a "knob and tube" method (which is now considered outdated and unsafe), electricians will need to individually remove the tubes and knobs. The removal process is tedious and will increase the amount of time and labor it takes to rewire your home, increasing your project cost.
- The method for the rewiring. Some homes with old aluminum wiring are rewired with the "pigtail" wiring method. The pigtail method is used to prevent aluminum wiring from overheating and is cheaper than a complete rewiring job. Basically, electricians attach copper wire "pigtails" to the ends of aluminum wires at connection points with a connector. A licensed electrician installing pigtails will make sure that the copper and aluminum wires are properly joined and that the connections are correctly terminated. Another benefit of the pigtail method is that it's minimally invasive and doesn't require cutting into walls/drywalls.
- Whether or not you need to replace your electrical panel. If you have an older home, your electrical panel might not provide more than 60 amps. It is highly recommended that you upgrade your electrical panel to 150-200 amps. This is because most homeowners today use more electrical appliances, increasing the power demand that homes need to provide. And an upgraded electrical panel allows you to safely use more electrical appliances compared to an older panel.
Schedule your appointment.
We make scheduling easy with 2-hour appointment windows. And the day of your appointment, you'll get a courtesy call letting you know we're on our way.
Get a free, in-home quote.
Our friendly electrician will show up on time and then conduct a complete electrical inspection. Afterward, our electrician will walk you through what needs to be rewired and what would work with your budget. We always provide upfront pricing. No matter how long the job takes us, you will never pay more than your initial quote.
Relax while we rewire your home.
Most of our rewiring jobs take around 1-2 weeks to complete.
Enjoy peace of mind.
After we finish rewiring your home, our electricians will make sure that your electrical system works properly and safely. Then, we'll clean up after ourselves and leave your home as clean as we found it.
Give us feedback.
We won't consider our job done until you're 100% satisfied.
“Patient and understanding; goes above & beyond“—Marcela S.
I absolutely love Jon Wayne Services. Robert is amazing. We needed to completely upgrade our houses electrical wiring, he was great from the moment we meet him. He explained in detail what we needed and asked us what we would like. He meet with us numerous times before we decided to go with Jon Wayne and not once did he make it feel like we were a nuisance. We have had a lot of inconvenience none of which pertained to Jon Wayne but he was very patient and understanding. I have nothing but awe for them. Robert definitely goes above and beyond. I will definitely recommend them to everyone I know and meet.
How we treat the customer contributes to our reputation.
See why we're rated 4.8 out of 5 stars on Google with 8,000+ reviews
Proudly serving San Antonio & surrounding areas:
- New Braunfels
- South Austin
- Bee Cave
- San Marcos
- Canyon Lake
- and more...
- See all cities we serve